Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Phone Calls and Pinto Beans

Yesterday was quite humorous around the house. We had two phone calls before 10am and both times the caller hung up on Granny before she could even get out a full "hello." So she asked if I was expecting any calls because maybe they would hang up if they didn't hear my voice. But, unfortunately I was not expecting any calls. Then around 20:00 she called Aunt Sheila because she got another "hang-up" to see if there might be something wrong with her phone. So, now I have a worried granny because she has no clue why people keep hanging up on her. The things older people find to worry about amaze me!

So this morning, I was telling Granny about my plan to scan some of her old photos into my computer and make a CD for Mom and Aunt Sheila. She then asked, "how do you keep all that stuff straight and know how to do everything on the computer?" I just responded saying that I've been working on a computer since I was 8 years old so I just kinda know. And her response was... "It's like me and pinto beans... I grew up on them and so that's why I like them so much.... So that's like you knowing how to use a computer!" Great analogy Granny....he he! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home